Packing the picnic basket is always exciting, and planning what your kids will wear can add to the fun. If you’re going for a casual picnic, why not let them pick out their own outfits? For girls, consider cute sports dresses that are comfortable and easy to move around. For boys, go for full-sleeve t-shirts that will keep them protected from the sun and stylish at the same time. Don’t forget a pair of shoes for each of them – whether it’s flip flops or sneakers, make sure it’s something they can walk or run in easily. To top off the look, get them some funky sunglasses and a hat for extra protection. With all these elements in place, your children will have an enjoyable time at the picnic and be the best-dressed family there!
Here are 10 trendy picnic outfit ideas for your kids:
- Denim overalls with a t-shirt – For a casual look, denim overalls and a t-shirt are the perfect combination. Choose a pair of comfortable overalls, and pair it with a graphic tee or a printed one. This look is perfect for running around and playing in the park. Rookie USA has some amazing denims from Levi’s that will definitely amp up your child’s look.
- Striped dress and sandals – For a dressier look, a striped dress and sandals are the way to go. Choose a light, breathable fabric for the dress and a pair of comfortable and stylish sandals. Then, accessorise with a fun sun hat, cute sunglasses, and a pair of matching earrings to complete the look.
- Linen shorts and a tank top – Linen is a great, lightweight fabric for summer and the perfect choice for a picnic outfit. Choose a pair of linen shorts and a tank top in a neutral colour. Then accessorise with a pair of white sneakers, a straw hat, and a fun pair of sunglasses. Looking for summer casuals for your girls? Rookie USA has great summer athleisure wear from brands like Nike, Levi’s, Converse, Jordan and Hurley.
- Floral romper – A floral romper is a great way to keep your kids cool and comfortable during a picnic. Choose a romper that is lightweight and has a bright, colourful pattern. Then add a pair of sandals and some sunglasses to complete the look.
- Gingham shirt and jeans – Gingham is a classic pattern and perfect for a picnic outfit. Choose a gingham shirt and a pair of jeans and accessorise with a sunhat and a pair of sneakers.
- Lightweight jumpsuit – A lightweight jumpsuit is a great way to keep your kids comfortable during a picnic. Choose a colourful and bright jumpsuit, then accessorise with a pair of sandals and a straw hat.
- Shirt and Shorts – A plaid shirt and denim shorts are versatile enough to keep your kids looking stylish during a picnic. For those warm afternoons, the lightweight combination is perfect for running around, playing in the park, or even just lounging in the sun. It’s also easy to mix and match with other clothing and accessories, making it a great go-to outfit for your little ones. With this simple combination of a shirt and shorts, you can be sure that your kids will look polished no matter the occasion.